Monday 5 December 2022

Why I would like to be mentored

Why I would like to be mentored


 I love SQL Server and I love helping others.

 

To me, SQL Server is the best puzzle I've ever tried to solve.  There are so many moving parts to consider and there's always something new to learn.  Over the past year I've really been pushing myself to learn as much as possible from both a technical and soft skills point of view and I've noticed a growing desire to pay this knowledge back to others.  It's great when you see things click for people.  That moment when they light up with the same excitement I get gives me a real buzz.

 

I've also been thinking a lot about where my career is going and how I can make helping others a bigger part of the journey.  SQL Server isn't new to me as I've been working with it since version 7 in some capacity or another, but I do feel like I'm new to the idea of a SQL community.  I keep finding blog posts, tools and community sites that I wish I'd known about years ago and I'm always left wondering what else I have missed.

 

The knowledge I've gained this year has ignited something inside of me that's given me a passion for what I do and a determination to do more but I need direction.  I've spent too long just being employed and sitting in my comfort zone and I need to know where to focus my efforts so I can make a difference.  This is why I would like a mentor.


No comments:

Post a Comment